In this course learners will learn about the world of legalized responsibilities, review key points from the Alberta OH&S Act, Regulation and Code learn how to demonstrate reasonable care and due diligence, define the role of the employer and employee, and review manager and worker responsibilities.
- Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Occupational Health & Safety Code
- COR Requirements Applicable to All Industries
- COR Requirements Applicable to Specific Industries and Activities
- Demonstrating Reasonable Care
- Actions for Managers and Supervisors
- Due Diligence Checklist
- Policy vs. Procedure
- Working Together
- Safety is an Attitude
To successfully complete the course, the learner has 3 attempts to achieve 80% or higher on the exam. Upon completion the learner receives a Certificate of Achievement.
Online duration subject to student capabilities.
The content of this course was developed by the Alberta Association for Safety Partnerships (AASP), an approved Alberta Certifying Partner, and is aligned with the standards set by the Alberta Labour Partnerships program.
This course is a:
- Mandatory course requirement for students pursuing the Qualified Safety Representative (QSR)™ designation.
- AASP recommended COR courses for OH&S Leaders and;
- AASP mandated COR requirement for Joint Health and Safety Committee Members