Gas detection is critical when working near toxic gas. When you work around toxic gases or hazardous atmospheres, you need to know how to protect yourself and how to use gas detection equipment. In this course, you’ll learn about the gas detection process, gas detection equipment, and your workplace’s roles and responsibilities when it comes to gas detection.
Course topics include:
- Understanding gas detectio
- Workplace roles and responsibilities
- Training and competency
- Understanding the hazards – Flammable and explosive atmospheres
- Oxygen enriched and oxygen deprived atmospheres
- Toxic gas
- The hierarchy of controls
- Atmospheric testing
- Colorimetric detector tubes
- Fixed monitors
- Portable monitors
- Gas detection sensors
- Gas detection device maintenance
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
Online duration subject to student capabilities.
For additional SafetyVantage articles review our blog pages.