This course teaches learners how to build a effective Health and Safety Program. It covers the basic building blocks an effective program from the initial policies and leadership commitment, through hazard assessment and control, to program administration. Completion of this course is mandatory for any company that intends to obtain a Certificate of Recognition (COR) through the AASP. There are 3 versions of the Program Development course:
- Health and Safety Program Development
- This is specifically geared towards larger employers with more than 10 employees.
- Health and Safety Program Development (SECOR)
- This course includes an additional chapter for small employers that focuses on the Small Employer Certificate of Recognition (SECOR) self assessment process.
- This course expires after 3 year.
- Health and Safety Program Development (SECOR Refresher)
- Small Employers (with 10 or less employees) that wish to maintain their SECOR must complete at minimum one additional training course every 3 years. Employers may choose to do this refresher course or complete any course offered by AASP.
To successfully complete the course, the learner has 3 attempts to achieve 80% or higher on the exam. Upon completion the learner receives a Certificate of Achievement.
Online duration subject to student capabilities.
The content of this course was developed by the Alberta Association for Safety Partnerships (AASP), an approved Alberta Certifying Partner, and is approved by and aligned with the standards set by the Alberta Labour Partnerships program.
This course is also a mandatory course requirement for students pursuing the Qualified Safety Representative (QSR)™ designation.