Developed to assist with workplace compliance and to help participants understand their roles and responsibilities under the WHMIS 2015 legislation.
Ben Snyman, CEO & Founder
January 27, 2017 – Calgary, Ab – SafetyVantage Inc.
SafetyVantage has released an innovative online WHMIS 2015 course, assisting Canadian employers and workplaces to meet their newly legislated compliance requirements.
Engaging participants through active, game-based learning techniques, the course ensures they understand the purpose of WHMIS 2015, and their roles and responsibilities under the legislation. It covers the new WHMIS hazard classes, pictograms and their meanings, supplier and workplace label information, safety data sheets (SDSs), and how to control and reduce the dangers of working with hazardous products.
This course takes the best of game-based learning and melds it with real world situations, by providing an in-depth exploration of the content and enabling learners to apply their knowledge through scenario-based interactivity.
To read more about SafetyVantage’s online training courses go to www.SafetyVantage.com.
- Safety Vantages’ courses are developed by safety professionals and learning design specialists, including CRSPs, to ensure content is, reliable, credible, and relevant
- Our WHMIS 2015 can be taken on any smart device (including Smartphone and Tablets)
- Our courses include engaging 3d animation and gamification as part of our learning approach
- The original Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) became law in 1988 and is now identified as WHMIS 1988
- Changes made to align WHMIS with GHS are referred to as WHMIS 2015
- There is a multi-year transition plan. The transition started February 11, 2015 and ends for most jurisdictions on December 1, 2018 (transition information is covered in our course).
- During transition, suppliers must comply with WHMIS 1988 or WHMIS 2015
SafetyVantage is a leading provider of technology-based educational curriculum and assessment solutions for the occupational health and safety (OHS) industry. Well-known for providing practical, engaging, and relevant solutions, the Alberta-based company has significant expertise and experience in the OHS compliance and training space.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: SafetyVantage provides information about topical OH&S issues to assist existing and potential customers to cope with their own OH&S needs. SafetyVantage believes that the information and guidelines provided are consistent with industry practices at the time the information was compiled. It is not intended to be legal information or legal advice. Although we go to great lengths to make sure our information is accurate and useful, we recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that our information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your situation